From Delhi – the journey will take you 5.5hrs and will cover a distance of 285 kms.
Follow NH1 from Delhi towards Panipat then take NH22 after crossing Ambala. At Zirakpur turn left towards Pinjore and get onto NH5 towards Shimla. At Dharampur take a sharp left towards Kasauli (13kms). From Garkhal take a left turn towards kasauli. La pinekonez is 200 mtrs from Garkhal town.
The closest rail head is Kalka, which is about 35 kms away from La pinekonez. Prepaid taxis costs about Rs 1200 from Kalka to La pinekonez. Kalka is well connected via rail with a number of major cities in India .
The closest airport is at Chandigarh, which is 65 kms away. Taxis are available to Kasauli from Chandigarh costing about Rs. 1,500.
Frequently Asked Questions
1)How is the weather in kasauli.
The climate in Kasauli is predominantly cold during winters and moderately cool during summers. Summer: 30 -15 °C & Winter: 15 – (-0) °C approximately. Recommended clothes: Summer- Light Woolens & Winter- heavy Woolens. You can get live weather updates on our website.
2)Languages spoken: Pahari (Local Dialect), Hindi, English.
3)Currency: Indian Rupees
4) Are pets allowed? No, pets are not allowed.
5) We have parking space for your vehicles.
5) Do you provide taxis? No we don’t, but taxis are readily available and we can conveniently arrange for one. ( WE DO NOT HAVE ACCOMODATION FOR DRIVERS / DOMESTIC HELP) but it can be arranged in nearby dharamshalas , however we have a washroom for drivers,
6) Do you have a laundry service? Laundry services are provided for week-long (or more) guests.
7) HOW SAFE IS THE PLACE ESPECIALLY FOR GIRLS. One feels safe as homestays are largely run by families who live in the place . Both safety and privacy are ensured here. According to a guest at lapinekonez RAGHVI from ITALY,”The stay was extremely comfortable. Aunty was such a sweet lady and her food is the best ghar ka khana i have ever had. Also its a great place for solo female travellers. Thank you aunty for making my trip a memorable one. I am definately coming back READ MORE